Meeting from 5pm BST on MS Teams, link here.
Conveners: Marek Jankowiak (email@example.com) and Marc Lauxtermann (firstname.lastname@example.org)
6 May (Week 2) Aslıhan Akışık (Wolfson)
Mehmed II’s Patria, Byzas’ Palace, and Ottoman Hellenism in the Fifteenth Century
13 May (Week 3) Pamela Armstrong (Oxford),
The Transmission of Monumental Art: Travelling Saints and Monastic Networks
20 May (Week 4) Alessandra Bucossi (Venice)
A New Key to Understanding the Schism?
27 May (Week 5) Yannis Stouraitis (Edinburgh)
Representations of Romanness in Byzantine Civil Wars
10 June (Week 7) Andras Nemeth (Vatican)
The Excerpta Constantiniana: Revisiting Constantine VII’s Cultural Enterprise
Talks will be 30-40 minutes long, followed by discussions without a precise time limit.
- Participants are asked to read pre-circulated material available either in the notices of meetings in Teams or on Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cxkn501eknsi2q8/AABzlbmtCobFKlUPxX-xWx4Ba?dl=0
- Please join the seminar promptly.
- Please remember to mute your microphone and turn off the camera during the talk, and ideally turn it on when asking questions.
- Questions can either be posted on the chat or sent directly to the chair.
- Participants without Oxford email addresses will probably need to email Marek to obtain access.